1.12.2010

twofer.

i realize this is a two-for-one deal, but i'm sitting in this coffee shop, feeling inspired, and i just have to run with that.

amongst my joy of gifting to other people, i also received some glorious gifts from others.






















this is a great little mug from my wonderful friend jolleen. the "t" is for tricia - in case you couldn't guess. it's one of those great giant mugs that can be used for a nice cup of tea, or for soup.



















this little guy is from my brother, and i have so enjoyed having it my life.





























and this little lady is of course such a joy to my life. i'm sad not to be able to have a companion like her while i'm in philly.

christmas was really so great to spend with friends and family. it's been an interesting journey for me to visit home after these long extended times away. this really is the first time i've lived away from the place i grew up. it's an odd feeling. so much of what i know and love is in one place and i'm not sure how to function away from that. how do you live in a place that feels so far away from your heart? especially when the place that is so close to your heart is so far away. how do you live in a place that you feel so out of place in? how do you find your place in that?

2 comments:

dille2@cableone.net said...

Most of us never venture out of that comfort zone. Or I should say, depending on the amount of gypsy blood you have corsing through your veins. I have none.
Could I make myself? Gonna say no. Not unless prompted by a huge push that I could not ignore. Heading to St Louis in March - Big, big for me. Will see if I chicken out. Going to visit 3 women I only know on the internet. Out of character and perhaps, out of my mind. We will see...

J said...

thanks for everything last week. i'm hope you're finding peace in that mug of yours. have fun in california! it's coming up so soon!!!!